Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 10: Me, Myself, and I


Here is a self-portrait.  I shot this picture at Heart Mountain Relocation Center outside of Powell, Wyoming.  This is a reflection from one of the windows in the barracks of the camp.  During WWII the United States Government rounded up people of Japanese descent and put them into relocation camps after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. Not a very honored part of the American past.

I will be continuing a project I started last summer with current pictures of the area and the camp which I will release sometime during June.
 
For more information about the Heart Mountain Relocation Center please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_Mountain_Relocation_Center.

3 comments:

  1. I really wanted to get a shot of the reflection of Heart Mountain in the windows but I couldn't get a good reflection during that time of the day. I am going to try again some other time for that shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another interesting bit of information about Heart Mountain Relocation Center: A few years ago there was a 50yr Symposium for the camp and there were many guest speakers (many of which were in the camp) and I got to attend and also to do video interviews of the people out at the location of the camp. It was a very very rewarding experience.

    ReplyDelete